Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A few of my favorite things....

I have always loved cooking and baking.  I so enjoy the whole process especially of making things from scratch.  Along with that comes a love for kitchen gadgets.  Not just anything though.  Gadgets that help me to create some specific desired outcome. Since starting the SCD I have discovered many new gadgets that have quickly become some of my favorite things.

This is a muffin top pan. Actually my husband bought it for me pre-scd so that I could make a recipe from a stay at a bed and breakfast.  I have had it for a few years but never used it.  But I now find it perfect for so many uses on the diet.  For hiking, this pan creates a cake like muffin that is so much better for travel.  It actually makes a sturdier type of little cake that is perfect for sealing and packing.  I also use it to make mini-pumpkin and apple pies.  The boys love these little pies as a snack.  And one of my absolute favorite things is a sandwich bun we make from the Focaccia recipe from Raman Prasad.  It is perfect for slicing through the middle and creating a hamburger bun or sandwich bun. And if my family will let me make Quiche again, I think it would be great for mini Quiche.  If you haven't considered owning a muffin top pan I highly recommend it. It's not just for muffins any more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment