Thursday, June 2, 2011

A few of my favorite things.... Salad Shooter

When I got married, I was in heaven.  Well for many reasons I suppose.  I was marrying the best guy in the world.  But also as a kitchen gadget addict, I was getting many gifts of great new gadgets to try.  One thing I got was a Salad Shooter.  I was so excited, because I loved salad but I really didn't like making them. But as I tried it I found it so much easier to just make the salad by hand and not have to clean the shooter after.  So it made its way to the back of the cabinet and when we moved later in our marriage it went to Good Will.

Now fast forward a few years to our SCD days.  One of the first things I was told to get that would be a huge time saver was...you guessed it.... a Salad Shooter!!!  Who would have thought after all these years a Salad Shooter would become one of my most beloved kitchen gadgets.  I quickly ordered one from Amazon and boy was this advice ever on target!!!  My Salad Shooter has saved me so much time with cheese grating.  Well and I suppose,  my fingers too as I was forever catching a knuckel on the metal grater.  I usually buy large blocks of our favorite cheeses and run them through the shooter and keep the sheredded cheese in a bag in the fridge.  And it is dishwasher safe.  Even better.

The other thing we use this for is making rice from Cauliflower.  I will be posting that recipe somewhere down the line.  Also, if you like using zuchini for noodles in your lasagna.  There is an attachment that slices for that type of need.

Can you tell how much I love my Salad Shooter.  It only took me 10 years to fall in love with it. But it was worth the wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment