Sunday, June 17, 2012

SCD Chicken Spaghetti

Well I was once again faced with that delimma. It is 5pm and I am wodering what to cook for supper.  I had some left over baked chicken and some home grown tomatoes that a friend had given me.  What to do???  Well that was when a dish popped into my head that I had had years ago at my sister-in-laws house.  That was the answer but with no recipe I just decided to try to make it according to my taste buds.  Sort of like playing a piano by ear....or maybe not..... ;D

Any way, it was a huge hit with the family.  I made a pan of non SCD Chicken spaghetti for my hubby and my younger son and the SCD version for me and Jacob.  Jacob said it was his new favorite meal!!  So I am thinkin it worked.

So here is what I did:

Ingredients:
Olive oil
3 cups chopped baked chicken ( mine was seasoned with salt, pepper, SCD garlic powder and chili powder)
1/2  Chopped onion
3 chopped juicy tomatos
1/2 - 3/4 cup Campbells Tomato Juice
Italian seasoning Mix (basil, oregeno, marjoram, sage)
SCD legal garlic powder
1/4 tsp honey
2 Zucchinni shredded in salad shooter and sauted in pan
Fresh Grated Ramano Cheese

First, I chopped up the chicken in pretty small pieces.  Then I put it in a sauce pan with the chopped onion and drizzeled with olive oil.  Maybe 2 TBS.   I just sauted this till the onion was cooked.
Once the onion was tender,  I added the chopped tomato and covered on a low heat till cooked pretty soft.
Then came the tomato juice. I poured that on then added my seasonings.  I didn't really measure them just add to taste.  Maybe a Tbs of SCD Italian seasonings Mix. If you only have basil and oregeno that would work just fine also.  Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Drizzle honey and stir in.  Now let simmer till sauce gets a little thick.  Maybe 5-10 minutes.  In the mean time, peel your zucchinni and put in the salad shooter with the grater attachment and grate right in to a pan.  Add 1 Tbs butter and lightly season with salt and pepper.  Then saute' till cooked.  Do not brown.
Now its ready! Place zucchinni on a plate and top with chicken sauce and grated Ramano Cheese

                          Voila!!! A delicious chicken dish in minutes!!!

Sorry the recipe is kind of sketchey but I just sort of threw it together and then it was good and I thought "Ooohhh I should share this!"  Don't be afraid to contact me if you have a question I will understand completely!  I am looking forward to feed back on this one!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    This recipe looks so good! I like your photos too... good job!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I love the new news letter. Hope all is well! Melanie

    ReplyDelete